Let’s start by answering the question: yes, your business needs a website. While it’s tempting to think that your business is too small, too niche, or too well-established to need a website, the fact is that a carefully managed digital presence is an absolute must for your business’s success and sustainability. So let’s segue from there to a series of questions: why does your business need a website? What role does a website play in your business? What are the benefits of having a business website?
Traditionally, a business’s website functions as a digital storefront, showcasing your business, projecting what it has to offer, and letting your prospective customers get a taste of the experience they’ll have with you. However, the internet has evolved; mobile device culture and the “internet of things” have become the norm. This in turn shapes the role your website plays, and if anything heightens its importance for your business in a number of key ways:
- Search Engine Optimization/SEO: While social media and other forms of digital content play a role, the fact is that a well-constructed website is foundational to good SEO. By stacking content and structure in your favor, a good website helps keep your business visible to search engines, placing you at the top of the results for critical search terms. This in turn helps potential clients and customers find you quickly, easy, and directly.
- Credibility and Authority: As noted earlier, your website is still in part a digital storefront, and an aesthetically pleasing, professionally made site goes a long way towards showing the quality of service you offer to your clients. By projecting credibility, authority, and quality above and beyond your social media presence, your website can help move prospective clients through the funnel and into a beneficial relationship with your business.
- Branding and Aesthetics: In most industries, new clients and customers are most likely to first encounter your business online. With that in mind, your website becomes a cornerstone in establishing your brand image, your aesthetics, and in projecting them to your target audience. A professionally designed, updated, and content-rich website can be both informative and engaging, introducing your target audience to your business, your brand, and what you have to offer.
- Client Communication and Customer Service: We live in rapidly changing times, and odds are good that your business has to move and adapt with them. A good website lets you post updated information quickly and easily, enables clients and customers to find answers to common questions, and provides a faster alternative to customer service phone calls. This creates an all-around better experience for both your staff and your clients or customers, enabling smooth and steady daily operations.
- Lead Generation: Bringing new customers or clients into the fold goes beyond good search engine results–a good website facilitates good lead generation as well. A properly designed website can pique the interest of potential customers while making it easier for established customers or clients to refer new ones to you.
For all of these reasons and more, websites are no longer a nicety–they’re a must have for any business wishing to succeed. Your website can help you stand out from your peers, appeal and connect your business with the right audience, engage new clients or customers into your pipeline, and enable positive communication within established professional relationships. At Wahha Designs, we know how important your business is to you, and how important a website is to your business. Bringing our established, cutting-edge skills to bear, we’ll create the website you need to elevate your success and keep you at the forefront of your industry. The time to get started is now, so schedule a discovery session with us today.